Readers are our top priority, and we always try to provide the best casino experience. It’s free for our visitors.
At CasinoNow UK, we earn money through our affiliate programs. We use these programs to help fund and maintain the website, but all information at CasinoNow UK is independently prepared, and written without income in mind. Our partners work with us to help us earn money, but it does not mean we adjust our recommendations, or our opinions based on this assistance.
Our rating is always independent, and that will never change. Our partners help us, but we don’t write falsely on any project, review, or advice article found on CasinoNow UK.
The Best Pay by SMS Casinos UK
June 18, 2021
21 min read
Our primary aim is to make sure that you can enjoy the safest gaming experience without any break in consistency. If we believe that a casino is very much to the highest standard, we’ll strike up a partnership. However, our partnership in no way plays a role in constructing or deciding our opinions.
5 / 5
Review and rating formation is carried out according to many criteria. To evaluate the payment method, its reliability and safety, convenience, popularity in a certain country are checked. As well as the availability of a payment method in the recommended online casinos.
Have you ever heard of pay by SMS casinos? Over the last ten years, mobile gambling has developed and advanced in to a primary source of casino gaming in the UK. As a result of this, a new payment method has emerged on to the market: SMS casino, which offers a fast and convenient way to gamble using your mobile phone.
Making an SMS casino deposit to your account means you can quickly and securely add funds to a mobile casino via your handset that either deducts the specified amount from your mobile credit, or adds the charge to your phone bill at the end of the month. In this guide to SMS casinos, you will also be presented with the top recommended mobile casinos for UK players along with learning how to deposit and play using your IOS or Android device.
Top 5 Recommended Pay by SMS Casinos 2021
At CasinoNow, we only list the absolute best mobile casino sites that allow players to pay via SMS. This means that every casino operator you see on our website has already been vetted with our comprehensive checklist to ensure they are providing a top quality mobile gaming experience for players in the UK.
What’s more is, each casino provider has been hand-picked from hundreds of available casinos with a secondary factor of providing great value bonuses and promotions for new players. So not only do you have the benefit of playing with some of the best mobile operators in the casino world, you can also benefit from extra cash promos and free spins on slots.
Table of Contents
- How We Test SMS Casinos
- How To Make A Casino Deposit With SMS
- SMS Casino Safety And Security
- Features Of SMS Casino Payments
- SMS Online Casino Tips
- SMS – Comparison with Other Casino Payment Methods
- Basics for Pay by SMS UK Gamblers
- Conclusion: Accessible, Instant Payments Without Fuss
- Casino SMS Payments UK – FAQ
How We Test SMS Casinos
Our team of casino experts are constantly scanning the casino market for new and exciting providers. When we shortlist an online casino, we put it through a series of tests to ensure that it is worthy of being listed on CasinoNow. With our recommended mobile casinos where you can pay with SMS credit or phone billing; the criteria that we use is similar to the online offering, except a few minor details that are specific to the mobile industry. These differences in our testing process include:
- Deposit limits: the maximum amount you can add to your mobile casino account via SMS.
- Bonus: the amount of free cash bonus each provider offers, including free spins on mobile slots.
- Game selection: mobile compatible games from dedicated mobile casino developers, including apps and HTML5.
- Speed: how quick each mobile casino loads and how fast the mobile SMS deposit process is from your credit / bill to casino.
- Mobile network operator: to ensure complete compatibility in the UK outside of Wi-Fi, such as 4G and 5G connections on EE, Vodafone, O2 and others.
- Withdrawal options: SMS payments at mobile casinos are for deposits only. So we make sure you can quickly access your winnings in the event of a win using a mobile friendly withdrawal method.
How To Make A Casino Deposit With SMS
Understanding how to make a casino deposit with SMS is not exclusive to new gamblers. In fact, due to the rise of mobile gambling in recent years, many seasoned online casino enthusiasts, who love playing games such as roulette and slots on desktop, are switching to mobile.
This transition does not always feel like second-nature despite previous experience, so our dedicated team of casino experts have put together the following step by step guide on how to make an SMS casino deposit at some of our recommended casino operators such as Guts Casino and All British Casino for both newbie’s and experienced players:
- Within your mobile casino account, click on the deposit button or visit the cashier.
- Choose one of the available mobile SMS payment methods.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit to your casino account, usually between a minimum of £5 and a maximum of £30.
- Enter your valid UK mobile phone number. Note: some casino operators require the mobile number to match the one registered to your account.
- Upon submission, receive a verification code via SMS message.
- Enter the verification code to confirm the transaction.
- A notification will be sent to your corresponding contact details, including mobile, with information of your deposit.
- Deposits are usually instant and the casino will charge your mobile phone with the deposit amount you specified, either from your prepaid mobile credit or added to your monthly phone bill.
- Refresh or return to the casino website and the funds will be available in your account to play.
It is worth noting that each casino operator may vary slightly in the process for making a cash deposit from your phone. However, the general guidance covers the most important steps to a successful deposit.
Advantages Of SMS Casino Deposits
There are many advantages to playing real money casino games while depositing via SMS, also known as text-message casinos. Whilst there are some known drawbacks, the benefits outweigh these for most players when looking to play mobile casino games. These include:
- Managed bankroll: SMS payments at most UK casino operators are limited to £30 per transaction, which allows you to manage your bankroll and not gamble more than you can afford.
- Secure: Making an SMS payment at a mobile casino is one of the most secure methods of moving money from your wallet to the provider as no financial details are exchanged.
- Instant: SMS casino deposits are instant, meaning your funds can be in your casino account within seconds.
- Private: Without disclosing banking details, player privacy is at its highest, which results in more privacy for you and anonymity.
- Universal: The majority of UK mobile network operators, including EE, Three, O2 and Vodafone, allow SMS payments to casinos, with the charge being added to your bill at the end of billing term or deducting the deposit from your prepaid pay-and-go balance.
How To Withdraw Winnings From A SMS Casino
SMS casino providers only allow you to transfer funds one way from player to casino. Withdrawal of funds cannot be done from casino to player via SMS due to the nature of the transaction.
A deposit via SMS is similar to that of a purchase in retail shopping rather than a transfer. By paying by SMS, you are giving permission to the casino operator to charge your mobile phone and take a specified amount either from the prepaid credit balance or billed to your mobile network operator. Instead, if you wish to withdraw funds from a mobile casino that you deposited to using SMS, you will need to set up an alternative payment method that can be used for withdrawals, such as e-wallets, bank transfer or cheque.
SMS Casino Safety And Security
SMS casinos are some of the safest and most secure providers in the gambling industry. Not only does each provider use SSL secure server encryption for activities between you and its website, but choosing a pay by SMS casino over others adds another level of privacy and anonymity, because no financial details are stored by the casino, nor does the information travel across a network connection.
In addition, if you choose to play with one of CasinoNow’s recommended SMS casino providers, you can rest assured that each casino is legitimate and fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission to operate within the UK. The UKGC is the gambling authority in Great Britain that guarantees fairness and safety of all licensed operators.
What’s more is, using a SMS payment processor like Boku is the perfect way to deposit funds for gambling as they are less likely to fall victim to hacking or fraud as with some e-wallets and payment cards.
Features Of SMS Casino Payments
There are many features of using SMS for casino payments and often whether the features are good or not is down to player preference. Some features are viewed as benefits of this payment method and some are seen as drawbacks. Features include:
- Quick transaction time from start to finish. Most deposits via SMS can be completed in under two minutes. Once you have selected and verified the amount, funds will be immediately available to play real money casino games.
- SMS is one of the safest and most secure payment methods for online purchasing, including online gambling.
- Deposits to mobile casinos using your phone SMS service do not show on bank statements or card statements. If you are using your phone bill to deposit, it will simply show as a charge to the phone bill on top of your monthly amount.
- SMS casino providers offer new player bonuses and promotions.
- Deposits are usually capped at £30 per transaction. Some casinos and mobile network operators also have a monthly cap of between £200-£300 per month.
- Bonuses are available at some online casinos, but not all. Also, due to the maximum transaction cap you are often unable to claim the maximum amount on your first deposit.
- Withdrawals are not possible using SMS payment and another payment method is required in order to access cash winnings.
Casino SMS Deposit Platforms
At CasinoNow, we believe that playing real money casino games should be fun and entertaining. However, we understand that some people may get stressed trying to add funds to their account. With SMS deposits, also known as carrier billing, the process is simple and accessible, meaning you can make a cash deposit as long as you have a mobile phone.
Payments are handled by third party platforms that partner with each mobile casino, just like with e-wallets. The mobile payment processor, such as Boku or Siru, handles the payments on behalf of the casino in the same way that Neteller or PayPal do.
Siru is a mobile payment processor that you can use to deposit funds to a casino site via SMS. You do not need to register for a Siru account, simply enter your mobile phone within the cashier section of your chosen casino to receive a text-message with a verification code. An automated call from your phone is required to verify the code and complete the purchase of funds that will automatically convert to real money casino credit.
Boku is the most popular mobile payment processor in the world for retail purchases and casino deposits. Many mobile casinos partner with this payment processor because of its reputation and trust with consumers. When you select Boku to deposit funds to your casino account, you will receive a SMS text-message with details of your request that you must reply to in order to verify the deposit. You do not need to have a Boku account and no verification code is needed.
Payforit is a UK mobile payment method that allows you to make a deposit to compatible casinos. When you choose Payforit to deposit funds to your casino account, simply select the amount you wish to add and enter your phone number. You will receive a text-message with a verification code that you will need to enter in to the casino to verify your deposit. A second text-message will be sent with confirmation of a successful deposit.
Zimpler is a Swedish SMS casino deposit method that was established in 2016 and is gaining ground in Europe, particularly the UK. In order to make a purchase or deposit with Zimpler you will need to register for an account and specify your mobile phone number so that the casino can take your specified deposit from your pay and go prepaid credit or add the charge to your phone bill. A verification number is required to verify your account. A benefit of Zimpler over other mobile payment methods is that you can withdraw winnings back to your account if the casino allows it. Upon withdrawal of funds to your Zimpler, you can then transfer the money to a bank account or make another Zimpler purchase / deposit.
SMS Casino Payments – Time Frames
When using a SMS casino payment method at any of our recommended mobile casinos such as Spinit Casino or Genesis Casino, you will be able to deposit and play real money casino games within a few minutes. Deposits via SMS are instant. So upon verifying the payment with your chosen casino site, funds will immediately appear in your casino account balance so that you can play the games you love straight away, such as slots, roulette and blackjack.
SMS Casino Payment Methods – Fees & Limits
SMS deposits to online casinos are not handled by the casino provider itself. Instead, it uses third party processors like Siru and Boku, which provide dedicated mobile payment services. Therefore, just like e-wallets, mobile payment processors charge an additional fee for the use of their service. Else without the charge, the payment provider would cease to exist in business.
Fees vary depending on the payment method you choose when depositing via SMS. It is important to check the small print of each payment processor before making a purchase or deposit so that you completely understand the implications of using SMS for casino payments. Depending on your mobile operator network, fees for Boku may vary as a percentage of the transaction amount between 10% and 50%. Siru, the second most popular payment method for mobiles has a fixed fee of £4 for every transaction worth £20.
Deposit amounts are limited to £30 per day when using SMS as a source of casino funds. In addition, individual transactions may be limited to £10 and a monthly total limit of £250-£500 exists for players using this method.
Casino Games Available via SMS Deposit
Using SMS as a chosen payment method to deposit cash to your mobile casino account does not limit the casino game selection you can play. This means that as a mobile casino player, you will have access to each casino site’s entire mobile games portfolio. At CasinoNow, our recommended mobile casinos offer some of the best mobile games in the business with partnerships between some of the world’s leading casino game developers, including:
- Evolution Gaming
- Play N Go
- Red Tiger
- and Scientific Games among others.
Some of the most popular mobile casino and slots games available at our recommended SMS casinos include:
- Rick and Morty Megaways
- Pirates’ Plenty
- Gonzo’s Quest
- King Kong Cash
- Eye Of Horus
- Da Vinci Diamonds
- Ghostbusters Plus
- Sword Of Khans
- and Dragon Horn.
Disadvantages of SMS Online Casinos
There are a number of features of SMS online casinos that may be considered drawbacks or disadvantages. These factors often come down to player preference based on what they like or dislike and their current circumstances. Below is a list of the common sticking points to paying by SMS at an online casino site:
- Transaction limits: some individual transactions at online casinos are limited to £10 via SMS.
- Daily deposit limits: almost all SMS casino payments are limited to a total of £30 per day, meaning that high rollers rarely use this payment method.
- Monthly deposit restrictions: every mobile payment processor has an agreement with UK mobile network operators to charge consumer phone bills or credit with a specified deposit amount. However, monthly restrictions are in place of £250-£500 maximum deposit per month.
- Withdrawal restrictions: in the event of a win, you are unable to withdraw winnings from an online casino using SMS. In order to access your funds, you will need to add an additional payment method to transfer funds to, such as a debit card, e-wallet or bank account.
SMS Online Casino Tips
To get the most out of your mobile casino experience, there are a number of tips that you can use at SMS casinos on CasinoNow to enjoy better gaming, these include:
- Choose a SMS payment method with a low fee as a percentage of your total transaction amount. For example 10% of a £10 deposit will result in an additional fee of £1.
- If the payment processor charges a fixed fee, consider depositing a higher amount if you plan on playing regularly, even if you don’t plan on playing with all the money at once. This is allow you to avoid multiple transaction fees, which can be costly for 2 or more payments. For example, a fixed fee of £4 per transaction will cost you an additional £12 for three transactions.
- If you plan to deposit to your chosen casino via SMS, make sure you have a plan B payment method that allows withdrawals. Else in the event of a win you will have no way to access your winnings.
SMS – Comparison with Other Casino Payment Methods
When selecting payment methods to compare, it is important to note that many of the features are often judged on personal preference. This means that what works for one player, may not necessarily work for another player. Also, an individual player may prefer to use a particular payment method, such as PayPal, but another player may simply dislike the company and therefore not want to use it:
Using SMS payments to deposit funds to a casino site means that there are differences in features compared with other popular UK payment methods, such as deposit limits, withdrawal restrictions, transaction fees and less security.
Basics for Pay by SMS UK Gamblers
Whether you are entirely new to the iGaming industry, or are simply new to SMS casino deposits, the following information is a basic guide for beginning your journey to mobile payments at gambling sites recommended by our expert team of casino enthusiasts. We have detailed all the necessary information that you need to know from start to finish so that you can make a secure deposit from your mobile phone to your chosen casino and have peace of mind knowing that it is carried out with the highest level of security, privacy and anonymity.
Overview of Online Casino SMS Payment System in the UK
In the UK, deposits to online and mobile casinos are still primarily made from debit cards. Credit cards were also one of the most popular funding methods for players enjoying real money casino games, but have since been outlawed.
However, since the rise of mobile web browsing and mobile games, including real money and social casino gaming, mobile casino payment methods have risen in popularity as well as cross-compatible platforms such as PayPal and Neteller, whereby each method can be used on either computer or mobile. The number of dedicated mobile payment processors in the UK is now rising and becoming more flexible and accessible to residents in Britain with a mobile phone on networks such as Vodafone, EE, Three, O2 and BT.
How and Where to Use Pay by SMS in the UK – Guide
SMS casino deposits can be used at many online casinos in the UK, including Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. In order to get started, you first need to have a mobile phone handset. But don’t worry if you don’t have the latest model, or even smartphone capability, you simply need to have a valid network connection and be able to receive text-messages.
Many players who choose a pay by sms casino operator often play on other devices such as tablet or laptop. The mobile phone is simply used for making the deposit and charging the amount to your bill. The second thing you need is a network connection. You can either use Wi-Fi or your mobile operators network, providing you have data, to register at an online casino, login and visit the cashier.
In the cashier / payment area of your chosen online casino, select make a deposit and look at the available payment options. If the casino offers mobile deposit payments, such as Boku or Siru, they will often display the brand logo next to the correct page to click on. Simply enter your details and begin the deposit process.
SMS Payments – Fact Check
There are various myths and misinformation online surrounding the use of mobile payment operators. However, at CasinoNow, we cut through the clutter and bring you the factual, up to date information you need to put your mind at rest and give you peace of mind so you can enjoy casino gaming stress-free.
- Payments are not itemised: Wrong. When an online casino takes a payment via SMS, it is added to your phone bill at the end of the month with the date that the deposit was made. Casino brand names do not show on your list of purchases, but you can cross reference the payment with the time of purchase.
- Payments can be taken with permission: Wrong. All mobile deposits via SMS require verification and confirmation of the charge before it successfully completes.
- Mobile payments are less secure than other methods: This statement is non-comparable. However, mobile payments do not require revealing any financial information to third part providers, so they are not vulnerable to eavesdropping like some card payments.
- Deposit / purchases cannot be cancelled: Correct. Once a deposit payment or purchase has been sent to the casino then it cannot be cancelled as the funds will instantly be available in your play balance.
Conclusion: Accessible, Instant Payments Without Fuss
At CasinoNow, we always bring our visitors honest and genuine advice in the casino world. That is why we don’t sugar-coat one item over another just to get the referral, as we believe transparency is the best policy so that you can be the judge based on the information available. Playing casino games for real money at a pay by sms casino site is one of the most modern and revolutionary channels of e-commerce in recent times.
Not only are SMS payments more accessible due to the fact that almost every UK adult owns a mobile phone, but the payments are instant and fuss-free. It is quick and easy to get started and you don’t necessarily need the funds up front. You can buy now and pay later by adding the deposit to your phone bill at the end of the month. Simply choose the right casino for you that offers SMS payments and you could be up and running within a matter of minutes. Allowing you to play real money casino games on your mobile phone quickly and without the need to own a payment card or bank account.
Articles about online casino payment methods for UK
Online Casino Payment Methods – FAQ
As SMS is a relatively new payment method to the gambling industry, it is common for players to have questions about how it works. At CasinoNow we have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions about SMS casino deposits:
What is a pay by SMS casino?
A Pay by SMS casino is an online or mobile casino operator that has partnered with a mobile payment provider so that they can process payments on the casinos behalf. This method allows you to deposit cash to your online casino account and charge it to your mobile phone, using either a prepaid pay-and-go credit or monthly bill.
Are SMS deposit payments legal in The UK?
Yes. SMS deposits to casino operators are completely legal. Making a deposit at a casino is the same as purchasing an item from a retail outlet and is a common form of ecommerce in the UK.
Is using pay via SMS safe for casino gaming in the UK?
Pay via SMS is one of the safest methods of depositing to a casino provider because it does require a payment card or bank account; therefore, no financial details are exchange between you and the casino. SMS payments also provide one of the most private and anonymous transactions in the industry.
Are withdrawals allowed at SMS casinos?
Withdrawals are not allowed at SMS casinos using this payment method. If you wish to make a withdrawal, you will need to add another payment method that allows funds to be transferred from the casino operator to you. This can be in the form of a bank account, payment card attached to an bank or e-wallet.
About the author
Emily Campbell (professional name) is our go-to person, and she has served as our Chief Editor since 2018. Educated at Newcastle University, Emily has worked in the marketing industry across the UK, helping various companies to gain traction and to build up quality, value-driven information aimed at readers.